As a business owner, you have enough to worry about without the grind of order fulfillment – that’s where a fulfillment center can help.
Outsourcing fulfillment is a helpful strategy that many eCommerce businesses have adopted. If you’re noticing the metaphorical weight of orders eating up too much of your time, a fulfillment center can come in handy.
Keep reading to learn more about fulfillment centers and how simple it is to make the switch.
Signs You Might Need to Transition to a Fulfillment Center
Starting a new eCommerce business is both nerve-racking and exhilarating. You have a service to provide, and now you’re finally taking steps to make this dream a reality.
As your business begins to grow, the needs of your company also grow– especially in the fulfillment department. Packaging, shipping, processing, and returns can quickly become a full-time job! If you’re currently spread too thin, it’s time to outsource some help.
Here are some telltale signs you need to enlist the help of a fulfillment center:
Slipping shipping standards – Delivery standards are imperative for maintaining a steady stream of clientele. A poor shipping experience is a quick way to lose your customers’ trust and send them looking elsewhere. Are orders frequently delayed, damaged, or incorrect? Surely, you’re trying your best, but your customers deserve better.
As a new business owner, you can’t afford to lose customers or revenue. When you switch to a fulfillment center, you can provide an outstanding shipping experience to your clients all around the globe. With customer service representatives readily available, leaving a smile on your customers’ faces has never been easier.
- Low seller ratings – Customer feedback and reviews are a helpful way to investigate the mind of your customers and see how they are enjoying your services. If you begin to notice an influx of negative reviews about your company, especially regarding order fulfillment, it’s time to start looking into a fulfillment center partnership. This is a simple way to boost your ratings and entice new shoppers.
- Seeking growth – You might think you can “do it all”, but making a switch to a fulfillment center isn’t a moral failing. Your eCommerce company is booming, and this is the best way to meet the needs of your growing customer base. When you partner up with a fulfillment center, you can expedite company growth without worrying about increased shipping costs, sourcing, hiring new talent, and finding a larger warehouse. All of these concerns (and more!) are covered with the help of a fulfillment company. It’s time to reduce your stress so you can have the bandwidth to focus on other crucial aspects of your business.
- Expertise – Shipping and logistics can be quite complicated. A mammoth of information goes into sending your product around the globe. With the restraints that come with a growing business, it is hard to find time to become a logistics master; you are spread too thin as it is!
Instead, leave this complicated process to the professionals. Fulfillment services know how to store, pick, and ship items in the fastest and most cost-effective way possible. This knowledge can greatly benefit your eCommerce business.
Making the Transition
If you’re ready to switch to a fulfillment center, here are some tips for success to ensure this transition will move as smoothly as possible
- Develop a plan – First, meet with your trusted colleagues and create a plan. Determine the items that need to be completed before you can make this transition possible. Once those tasks have been laid out, establish realistic goal dates to complete each task. Try your best to stick to this plan and meet these goals.
- Budget – After you have a game plan, analyze your financial records to see what you can afford. Look for a center that can meet the needs of your company as you shop around.
- Communication – Make a list of all the people who need to know about the switch. This might include employees, customers, shipping carriers, etc. Lay the ground for new expectations and deliver the timeframe of the switch. Keep each party up to date so they’ll be ready when the transition is complete.
- Allot sufficient time – Major changes like this take time. Even if your company is on the smaller side, this change won’t happen overnight. Unrealistic expectations can deeply hurt the transition process, not only for your company but for the fulfillment center.
When you have aligned with the fulfillment center of your choice, sit down with them to create a realistic timeline for a full transition. Be sure to communicate that timeline to everyone involved. If it needs to be altered for whatever reason, communicate those changes too.
- Evaluate – One final aspect to consider when making the change to a fulfillment center is to see how long it will take to hit your target goals. If there will be a delay in productivity during that time, plan accordingly to address that further down the road.
Mintfulfill Is Different
If you’re ready to use a fulfillment center to scale your business, Mintfulfill is here for you! Our company was developed by business owners who know the importance of package fulfillment firsthand. Our automated system eliminates many of the costs and hassles associated with shipping orders from an eCommerce business.
We guarantee a top-rate shipping experience– from the high-quality packaging we use to the swift delivery of packages, your customers will be impressed. In every order they will receive a mint as a sweet gift. This small treat is a simple reminder that we take your business seriously and focus intently on your customer’s satisfaction.
Minfulfill understands the relationship with businesses should benefit both parties in terms of success. By helping you grow your business, we can grow our own. Contact us today to see how we can help scale your business and allow you to spend more time doing what you want.